To say that we are incredibly excited would be an understatement! We are absolutely delighted to announce that the much anticipated PDF for Empire in Ruins is complete, you can now pre-order the physical book and receive the PDF straight away.
Pre-order Empire in Ruins here and receive the PDF straight away!
As with the other volumes, we are launching a pre-order for the stunning Collector’s Edition and a special advance pre-order for the Companion to enable you to bundle your order if you wish. Work on the Companion is almost complete and we will keep you updated on its progress and release.
We are also launching the pre-order for a beautifully illustrated map by renowned artist Jared Blando, this fine piece of stunning cartography, commissioned in 2513 IC, shows off the Empire in all its glory. Find out more below.
The Enemy Within is an immense 5 book campaign plus a jam packed Companion book for each volume – an extra 128 pages of content. Todays release is no 9 of 10 Enemy Within books and we can’t wait to see it out in the wild!
Empire in Ruins – Enemy Within Campaign Director’s Cut Volume 5
I saw a blasphemous city coming down from the heavens and as it descended, the people cried out in woe! I saw death, madness, and transformation as the Exalted Lord brought his Master’s realm to the Crown of the Empire.’
Empire in Ruins is the fifth volume of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of The Enemy Within, one of most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. After the events of The Horned Rat the heroes have won the respect and trust of many in Middenheim, but before they can capitalise on their renown the Empire descends into the turmoil of civil strife.
Pre-order the Empire in Ruins here and receive the PDF straight away
Buy the PDF Only on our webstore here
Buy the PDF Only on DrivethruRPG here
In the final part of the five-part series of grim and perilous Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures, a number of threats that the Characters may have thought far behind them reassert their influence. Icons of authority and leadership are found wanting, and the greatest nation in the Old World appears destined to shake itself to pieces. Only by undertaking a dangerous journey can the Characters prevent the ruination of all they hold dear.
Empire in Ruins Includes:
- The fifth part of The Enemy Within campaign, conceived by legendary WFRP writer Graeme Davis with contributions by a team of talented WFRP writers.
- The schemes of the Altdorf cell of the Purple Hand, whose plots place those of Karl-Heinz Wasmeier and the Middenheim cell in the shade.
- The ambitions of a certain Magister Impedimentae, how they coincide with the grand designs of the Purple Hand, and how they diverge.
- A culmination of controversies that have featured in adventures over the past few years. The true architect of the Ubersreik takeover, the rouser of Beastmen and mutants, the inspiration of Daemonologists and heretics, shall be revealed.
- Memorable villains such as the Madcraw tribe, the Threshers, and the multifarious departments of the remaining Purple Hand.
One of the best-known fantasy roleplaying campaigns, all roleplayers should play The Enemy Within at least once in their lives. Cubicle 7’s Director’s Cut provides more options, guidance, and detail than before, making Empire in Ruins and other episodes in this epic series an essential purchase for gamers.
Empire in Ruins – Companion
The PDF is not yet complete we are launching this advance pre-order to allow you to bundle your orders for postage.
The Empire in Ruins Companion is the fifth and final of our five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. The essential companion to campaigning in a shattered Empire is packed with supplementary material to not only expand Empire in Ruins but also provide an indispensable guide to any WFRP games set within the fractured nation.
Advance pre-order the Companion here.
An indispensable guide to the final part of the epic Enemy Within campaign, the groundbreaking Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventure that inspired a generation of gamers. Packed with additional rules and sound advice for new and veteran GMs alike — it’s the perfect addition to enhance your experience of The Enemy Within, or any other WFRP adventure.
Also included are three adventures, the lasting impact of the Turmoil that shakes the Empire, the looming threat of the Red Crown, and more details on Zuntermein, Wasmeier, Lieberung and the ramifications of their various ambitions. The Empire in RuinsCompanion is the perfect addition to any group playing The Enemy Within or any other campaign set within this fractured nation.
Empire in Ruins Companion includes:
- Alternative Empires, features the ramifications of the fulfilment of the ambitions of Yann Zuntermein, Karl-Heinz Wasmeier, or the late Kastor Lieberung.
- More Madcraw, the Night Goblins and their depredations return with more details on this extraordinary remote tribe, including several new tribe members that might trouble any adventurers who stray into their territory.
- The Place of the Shining Rock, more details and fascinating lore on this sacred site holy to both Sigmar and Ulric, its storied past and geography.
- Altdorf in Chaos, highlights the several unusual phenomena that could occur in the Crown of the Empire as the Enemy Within nears its thrilling climax.
- The Imperial Ostlanders, who are these brave frontier folk, ably commanded by Reikhardt Mathis Sievers, and what part might they play in Empire in Ruins?
- The Nordland Question, during the Turmoil that shakes the Empire, many provincial areas make a play for greatness at this time. Nordland’s history and notable personalities show rebellion was inevitable sooner or later.
- The Siege of Diesdorf, under the looming threat of the Red Crown, can the Diesdorf Council keep their town in good order?
- The Bigger They Are… An Ogre as a judicial champion means most trials are decided before they begin.
- The Triumph of the Gravelord: Will the Gravelord (everyone’s favourite self-obsessed Necromancer) who has stalked the Characters since Death on the Reik, achieve supremacy?
Empire in Ruins – Collector’s Edition
The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes The Empire in Ruins and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Beautifully finished in Silver foil and a lustrous Spot UV finish, the Collector’s Editions covers depict the image of Sigmar Heldenhammer and a manipulative servant of Tzeentch.
As with previous volumes in this series, the books are case bound, and come with an exclusive envelope of player handouts and maps. We love creating these Collector’s Editions, and know that they’ll take pride of place on bookshelves for years to come.
Pre-Order Collector’s Edition here.
The Empire Map
The Empire — is there a greater nation in all the Old World? From the Sea of Claws in the north to the Border Princes to the south, the Empire covers a vast swath of territory. Mighty rivers and muddy roads weave their way through looming forests and rolling hills. Each of the Grand Provinces has its own character, from the Reikland’s refined citizens to Sylvania’s cursed nobility. Though beset with internal 3strife, the provinces still consent to be ruled by a chosen Emperor. The Empire has seen off external threats from Orcs, Bretonians and the madness that roils forth from the Chaos Wastes, but how much longer will it stand against The Enemy Within?
A beautifully illustrated map by renowned artist Jared Blando, this fine piece of stunning cartography, commissioned in 2513 IC, shows off the Empire in all its glory. It is the perfect accompaniment to any WFRP campaign, with enough detail to explore provinces far beyond the Reikland. The carefully illustrated map provides the perfect backdrop for the Enemy Within, the epic five-part campaign that defined roleplaying for a generation.
Pre-Order the Map here.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2021