We know that many of you are eager to get your hands on Volume 3 of the Enemy Within Campaign – Power Behind the Throne, and we can now confirm that we plan to release the PDF tomorrow – Thursday December 17th.
We will launch the pre-order for the standard edition (PDFs will be sent straight away) and an advance pre-order for the Companion. The Companion PDF will follow early in the new year once ready but we want to give those who wish to order the opportunity to bundle postage. We will also launch pre-orders for the exclusive Collectors Editions.
Find more information on this exciting volume below and check out the amazing Collector’s Edition cover art!
Power Behind the Throne
Welcome to part three of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of the Enemy Within, one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written!
Power Behind the Throne, arguably the best WFRP adventure ever written, carries on from where Death of the Reik left off, taking your brave heroes from Altdorf to the city of Middenheim, a towering city-state in the north of the Empire where trouble brews and a play for power is made.
Power Behind the Throne Includes:
- The next adventure of the Enemy Within campaign: Power Behind the Throne, which is revised and updated by Graeme Davis, legendary WFRP author, and one of the original writers of the campaign.This adventure is significantly expanded, making it the largest adventure so far in the Enemy Within campaign, and an unmissable experience for any roleplaying fan.
- A wide selection of ‘Grognard Boxes’ that add entirely new ways to play through the adventures, ensuring even those who have played the Enemy Within campaign before will find Power Behind the Throne fresh and new.
The Enemy Within is the campaign all roleplayers should play at least once in their lives, making Power Behind the Throne an essential purchase for all gamers.
WFRP: Power Behind the Throne Companion
The Power Behind the Throne Companion is the third of our five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. It is packed with supplementary material to not only expand Power Behind the Throne but also support any WFRP games set in the Empire.
Power Behind the Throne Companion Includes:
- Guest Commentaries: A eulogy to the incomparable Carl Sargent, the original author of Power Behind the Throne, and a commentary from Derrick Norton, the original developer of the 1st edition.
- Deleted Scenes: The Graf’s Garden Party, The Wine of Madness, Watch the Birdie, and Down Among Deadmen, each offering updated and expanded scenes.
- The Ritual: An adventure that foreshadows the worst of what’s to come in the Enemy Within part 4, The Horned Rat!
- Flying Death Skulls: A new updated adventure based upon Carl Sargant’s WFRP 1st edition adventure The Grapes of Wrath.
- The Cult of Ulric: A close examination of the most influential cult in the north of the Empire.
- Law and Order in Middenheim: a guide to law and order and how it can impact your games.
- Familiar Faces: A guide to bringing NPCs from earlier in the campaign back into your adventures.
- The Jade Sceptre: A GM’s Guide: complete breakdown of the Jade Sceptre, one of the largest Slaanesh cults of the Empire,
- An entirely new selection of major NPCs to add to the Power Behind the Throne, or any adventure in Middenheim.
- Golthog the Ogre: An expanded and updated version
- The Changeling: How to use the sinister Tzeentch Daemon, the Changeling, in your games – it can completely change the Enemy Within campaign!
Power Behind the Throne, Collector’s Edition
The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes Power Behind the Throne and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Silver foil was used to pick out some of the most important elements of the illustration, the blade of Ulric’s might axe Blitzbeil, the pelt of the White Wolf that adorns the god, and The Eternal Flame itself. The printed elements have been kept to a minimum tonal palette in keeping with WFRP’s distinct style, and will have a Spot UV finish layered over them, so they’ll have something of a special finish as well.
As with Volume 1 and 2, the books are case bound, with a few extra little surprises tucked in that we won’t spoil here. We really enjoy creating these Collector’s Editions, and know that they’ll take pride of place on bookshelves for years to come.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd. © Games Workshop 2020