There has been a slight delay on the Empire in Ruins Companion PDF release- we know many of you are very eager to get it and we cannot wait to release it very soon. Keep an eye out for more.
Today, we have another exciting release! You can now pre-order Archives of the Empire: Volume II and receive the PDF straight away.
Pre-order now and receive the PDF straight away here.
Buy the PDF Only on our webstore here.
Buy the PDF Only on DrivethruRPG here.
Just North of Altdorf, not far from the village of Frederheim, the cult of Shallya maintains za Hospice. Behind its imposing walls, troubled souls receive succour, and a lucky few find respite.
One of its denizens, the ‘Lady’ Isabella, worries her carers. Her quill is ceaseless, though few can say what she writes. Despite the best efforts of the hospice staff, strange missives continue to appear in her room. Could there be some truth to her claim that she is collating a truly wondrous collection of writings?
Surely it can not be the case that she is who she claims to be — one Princess Isabella von Holswig-Schleistein, sister to Emperor Karl-Franz I. Some are beginning to wonder…
Archives of the Empire: Volume II
Welcome to Archives of the Empire: Volume II. A fascinating and diverse collection of articles on topics that cover the length and breath of the Old World. This second volume focuses on those towering walls of muscle and fat, the Ogres, who hail from the Mountains of Mourn but make their home across the Empire and indeed the world. Volume II details new locations, careers, and NPCs perfect for inclusion in your next WFRP adventure.
Archives of the Empire II includes:
- Ogres of the Empire: Two chapters dedicated to Ogres, their place in the Empire, and their place at the gaming table. Included are three new careers, including the fearsome Ogre Butcher, who wields the magic of the Great Maw with bloody intent.
- Star Signs and Astrology: Some say their fate is written in the stars, while others find their future in the gutter. This chapter provides a description of the star signs that dot the heavens of the Old World, along with the meaning that people invest in them.
- Magical Items: Though magic items are rare in the Old World, they are coveted and powerful things. This chapter provides rules for generating magic weapons, armour, and stranger devices.
- The Great Hospice: A retreat from the perils of the world, the Great Hospice provides a refuge for those who need it — and can afford it. Just north of Altdorf, the Hospice is a detailed location with maps, NPCs, plot hooks, and more.
- Theatre of War: Though combat is a common feature of WFRP games, open warfare is rarely explored. This chapter provides rules for creating a cinematic battle in which competent Characters can influence the outcome.
Archives of the Empire II provides another varied collection of excellent and entertaining expansions to any gaming table. Packed with lore, NPCs, and exciting adventure hooks, this collection will kickstart your next adventure in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
Did you miss Archives of the Empire: Volume 1?
Archives of the Empire: Volume I is available in print – a fascinating and diverse collection of articles on topics that cover the length and breath of the Old World. The first volume focuses on the other species, Dwarfs, Elves and Halflings, whose presence enriches (or enrages) the world of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Volume I details new locations, careers, and NPCs perfect for inclusion in your next WFRP adventure.
Order Archives of the Empire: Volume I here!
Archives of the Empire 1 includes:
- Karak Azgaraz: An exploration of a Dwarf Hold that, though it has seen better days, still holds strong in mountains that loom beyond Ubersreik, at the very edge of the Empire
- Imperial Dwarfs: While they think of the Karak’s as their true home, many a dwarf has never set foot on ancestral lands, instead living at the very heart of the Empire
- Halfling Clans: From Skelfsiders to Thorncobbles, Rumsters to Lowhavens, learn about the Empire’s Halfling very extended clans and multiple families
- A Guide to the Mootland: Join the simple folk of the Mootland for a Grand Tour of their fertile province, its farms and villages, rivers and forests. Now, make sure to smear yourself with this or the Bramblebeaters will get you…
- The Laurelorn: Delves into their politics, culture, and the threats that haunt this ancient colony of Elves, nestled between Nordland and the Wasteland, which survived to the modern day.
Archives of the Empire is an excellent and entertaining addition to any gaming table. Packed with lore, NPCs, and exciting adventure hooks, this collection will kickstart your next adventure in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
Archives of the Empire cover art by Sam Manley.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2021